Kitchen Products Worth Adding to Your Pantry
Healthy grocery items for healthy living!
The first step to cooking and eating healthy is to stock your kitchen with a variety of grocery items that are beneficial for you and your loved ones. Today I am sharing 3 secret kitchen ingredients for your happy and healthy living!
Himalayan salt is a rock salt (halite) that is extracted by mining from the Punjab region of Pakistan. The Himalayan salt usually has a pinkish tint because of the mineral impurities present in it. It is primarily used as a food additive as table salt but is also used as a material for cooking and food presentation, decorative lamps, and spa treatments.
Benefits of Himalayan Salt:
- The sole water made from Himalayan salt helps in balancing the pH levels in the body, flushes out toxins, improves your energy and keeps you hydrated at all times.
- Regular intake of Himalayan salt regulated blood, sugar and hormonal level.
- Himalayan salt activates your salivary glands and it further improves digestion.
- Salt therapy using Himalayan salt is used to treat respiratory problems.
- Soaking your body in a Himalayan brine bath can do wonders to rejuvenate your skin.
- You can keep a Himalayan salt lamp at your home. It purifies the air around you.
Chamomile is a herb that comes from the daisy-like flowers of the Asteraceae plant family. There are two major varieties of chamomile: Anthemis nobilis (Roman chamomile) and Matricaria chamomilla (German or wild chamomile).
This herbal tea has been consumed for centuries as a natural remedy for various health conditions. Camomile tea is enjoyed for its sweet, floral flavour as well as its calming and anti-inflammatory properties. If you want to make chamomile tea, dry the flowers first and then infuse it into the hot water. You will find a number of recipes for camomile tea on the internet.
Health benefits of Chamomile Tea:
- Treats insomnia and promotes a healthy sleep cycle
- It fights from harmful bacteria and boosts your immunity
- It also helps in menstrual cramps and muscle spasms
- Chamomile tea is a digestive relaxant
- Treats Cuts, Wound and Skin Conditions
- Reduces Under-Eye Dark Circles and stress
Coconut sugar is a natural sugar also known as coconut palm sugar. It’s made from coconut palm sap that is the sugary circulating fluid of the coconut plant. It is sometimes confused with palm sugar because they are quite similar but made from a different type of palm tree.
Coconut sugar is rich in iron, zinc, and calcium. These minerals can have numerous health benefits including stronger bones, maintaining fluid balance, etc. One teaspoon of coconut sugar has 15 calories and 4 grams of sugar, the same nutrition facts as one teaspoon of cane or white refined sugar.
Here are six amazing benefits of coconut sugar:
- Low glycemic index
- Relatively high on nutrients
- Coconut sugar is pure (Not refined)
- Less fructose
- Better electrolytes to regulate the body’s water content
- Good for the gut & immunity
Content source: https://www.thespruceeats.com/types-of-chamomile-766430